One of the hottest trends for 2019 is a candy bar.
Why a Candy Bar?
Well, rather than spending hundreds of dollars on wedding favors that guests may not ever use or even like, spend that money on giving your guests a choice of things they like.
- Great if children are in attendance.
- Perfect photo opportunity for the photographer.
- Can be used as a distraction while guests wait for the wedding party.
- Ties together a color theme.
Buy enough candy!
There’s no such thing as too much candy, only not enough. Having leftovers never hurt anybody!
Set up the candy bar
Make sure you have someone to set up the candy bar. Choose someone creative with a good eye for detail, and someone who doesn’t mind keeping an eye on it and refilling if necessary.
Maybe it seems obvious, but some people deal with allergies and are unable to eat everything. Have clear labels on each dish to ensure your guests know what they are eating.
Provide serving utensils
Ensure you have enough dishes and tongs and scoops to serve everything. There’s nothing worse than everyone’s fingers entering the same jar!
Provide favor boxes/bags
This allows guests to take candy back to their seat and to take some home – minimizing waste and pleasing guests.
Offer your guests plenty of options. Include candies that have meaning to you and give a reason why it’s there. Maybe it’s your favorite, or perhaps it’s a childhood memory for you or your partner. Personalize it as much as you can, and your guests are more likely to remember your special day!
Stick with a theme
- If you’ve based your wedding on an era, try and find containers that best fit that theme. For example, if you are throwing a 1920’s themed wedding, purchase apothecary style jars to suit the theme. Shop around because jars can get expensive!
- Perhaps you’ve chosen a color theme or a beach theme! Find dishes and candy that matches your intended idea for a beautiful setup.
Mix it up
Use a variety of dishes to have a mashup of colors and textures. Check out second-hand stores to find a bargain.
A candy bar is always a crowd-pleaser because who doesn’t love candy! Guests can pick and choose what they want to eat; they aren’t going to be stuck with anything they don’t like. This basic dessert is a three in one! It doubles as décor, and triples as favors.