We used Alpine Catering for our wedding reception and it was probably the best food I have ever had at any function! We are still hearing from guests all asking for the caterers info for their future events. The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better catering experience. I would and will highly recommend Alpine Catering to everyone and plan to use them in the future!
Kiera Swanson https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-catering/alpine-catering--e8648/reviews July 25, 2013
We were very happy with the service we received from Rick and his team at Alpine Catering! We had the chicken cordon bleu buffet and it was some of the best I've every had! Guests were raving about it to our parents! Rick was helpful in setting the menu and responsive to any questions or changes that we had. The staff in attendance at the reception were quite professional and helpful. Alpine Catering offers great value for your money and it's always nice to support a local family business!
The only complaints we had were with respect to the few gluten free and vegan meals we requested. The gluten free chicken appeared to have been overcooked and was quite dry as a result. With respect to the vegan meals, we did not receive confirmation that these meals were, in fact, vegan (no animal products used) and not just vegetarian (no meat used) since we specifically requested vegan meals and Rick referred to them as vegetarian meals in his emails.
Elizabeth Bartel https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-catering/alpine-catering--e8648/reviews July 9, 2013
Bryan and I want to take the time to thank you and your staff for catering our October 6, 2012 wedding. The food was top notch and our guests raved about how it tasted like home cooking. Your staff were courteous and professional the entire evening. It was a very special day for Bryan and I and you and your team gave it the final touch.
Thank you once again for your wonderful catering
Bryan & Diana Ritchie September 16, 2012
Alpine Catering Catered our wedding on September 3 2011.
The food and the service we recieved was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and professional and really made our day feel special.
The food was yummy and lots of our guests went to the buffet for seconds and thirds. I got nothing but great complements from my guests.
I am going to book them again for my parents 40th aniversary next year.
Jesse Bruce https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-catering/alpine-catering--e8648/reviews September 19, 2011
You cannot discount the pricing at Alpine Catering. Pricing was much more inexpensive versus other caterers in Calgary by far. We choose to do a fun BBQ meal (8oz NY Striploin) for our wedding and paid an additional $5/person to have glass dishes (rather then paper) due to the BBQ not being a traditional wedding meal. Due to the venue not having a kitchen, and Apline being a total mobile catering company, this worked really well with out set-up.
The manager responded to email inquiries in a good amount of time and we had a good meeting with him (although they do not offer taste tests).
We think there are alot of areas that were missed during our actual wedding though...
1. Had garlic bread with our meal. Half were burnt while the other half were soggy.
2. Had chicken fingers and fries for the kids meal. 1 guest had to have a discussion with a serving staff when they were informed only 1 kids meal per table. Absolutely ridiculous (and if this is true, never communicated to us) and thank fully they did bring the additional childrens meals without too much fuss.
3. After the salads, serving staff removed some guests forks with their salad plate but did not bring them an additional fork to use with their main dishes.
4. Did not provide steak knives which made cutting 8oz steaks quite problematic.
5. No rhyme or reason to serving. Some guests had to wait quite awhile to finally get served.
6. Asked about when serving steak, what happens when customers want a well done or rare steak? Told the serving staff would ask guests/guests can make the requests during the salad serving. Heard from guests that steaks were either overcooked/undercooked but that requests were not honored. Although in the same breathe, come guests said that their steak was perfect.
7. Paid an a midnight lunch. Just placed on an empty table haphazardly with no cutlery to butter buns etc... No cheese for buns even though part of the package. Extremely disappointed as looked like no preparation (second room was appointed for midnight lunch).
8. Also paid for the Alpine bartenders. Had an open bar and communicated the importance of a well stocked bar. Bar set-up was far from acceptable. Only had pop and cranberry juice. More than 1 guest had to tell the bartenders that they needed orange juice/clamato... Told that they need to run to the store to get the proper supplies and was told back that they can only get supplies from their warehouse (which was about a 15 or so minute drive away). They finally went and got the additional juices when complaints continued. Another bar issue was that after dinner is done, their bar service only includes plastic cups. Who wants to drink wine out of a plastic cup that early in the evening? Had to pay extra for glass cups for guests to use rather than plastic (plastic was fine after midnight).
Overall, we thought there was alot of misses with the meal but was a good price and essentially people had fun...
Was at a wedding 2 weeks later with Alpine catering the event and the meal/lunch was great so consistency may just be the issue.
Lisa Myers https://www.weddingwire.ca/wedding-catering/alpine-catering--e8648/reviews September 15, 2011