Planning a stampede party? Then you best pony up and make sure it’s a jamboree your clients, staff and other guests will enjoy. More and more businesses are tapping into the stampede spirit to give employees a well-deserved break or impress important clients. Here are the five elements that will ensure your shindig is festive, fun and entirely on theme.
- Decor One or more bales of hay, a wagon wheel, and a number of red and white checked tablecloths are the perfect place to start when considering stampede party decor. A well-placed lasso, a longhorn cow skull, and a leather saddle will further help build ambiance. Saloon doors and rustic wooden signs also make nice touches.
- Music Hire a country band that plays lots of high-energy tunes for dancing and familiar ditties to get people singing along. Fiddles, banjos and guitars are requisite. If you can’t find a band (many acts get booked months ahead of the stampede) or want a more budget-friendly option, then hiring a DJ is the next best thing.
- Games Rent a mechanical bull or set up a poker table and you’ll be right on theme. For a more family-friendly affair, consider incorporating games like corn hole, horseshoes, sack races and pie throwing contests.
- Photo booth and/or photographer Nothing will bring back fond memories of your event quite like a few great pics. Rent a photo booth that prints pictures as wanted posters, or hire a photographer for the event. Alternatively, encourage guests to snap their own and offer up best-of prizes to those who upload pics to an agreed upon account or server.
- Event catering The key element to any successful hoedown is the food and libations, and when it comes to Calgary Stampede catering, beef on a bun served with beer is considered traditional fare. Why tamper with a good thing? Alpine Catering provides complete Calgary Stampede catering services, regardless if you choose to serve the standard fare or do something a little different. We can keep things fun and casual (maybe a pancake breakfast if you’re contemplating an a.m. hootenanny) or jazz things up for a more cultivated celebration (possibly prime rib au jus or chicken cordon bleu).
A memorable stampede celebration
For more than 35 years Alpine Catering has provided complete event catering services for weddings, parties, and events hosted in celebration of the Calgary Stampede. Contact us with any questions about our corporate catering services or to get a free quote for your upcoming event.